Venue Risk Assessment
The Trauma Service Westmead Hospital
P.O. Box 533
Please download the bstreetsmart event risk assessment by clicking on the download button at the bottom of the page. Please be advised that this is a live document and may be subject to alteration and/or addition.
The following information is provided by Qudos Bank Arena (previously known as Allphones Arena) and has been incorporated in the risk assessment for bstreetsmart.
- The venue is protected by a very sophisticated, robust and approved fire engineered designed emergency control system, fully complying with all Annual Essential Services functions and procedures.
- As part of these functions, the venue has an Emergency Warden Inter‐Communications System [EWIS] that allows either specific Zones or the whole venue to be controlled in an emergency situation.
- There is an Emergency Management Plan specifically designed to account for a variety of emergency instances, whether it be control, containment or evacuation of the venue. There is a nominated trained Chief Warden on duty every time the venue is occupied.
- The evacuation Assembly Areas for the venue are directly outside the glass Grand Foyer and Northern Foyer areas near Light Towers 17 & 18. There is also an Assembly Area in the middle of the Service Yard for persons backstage at the time of evacuation.
- There is a fully equipped First Aid Room on Main Concourse Level near Door 4. This will be occupied by trained St Johns Ambulance personnel on major events. During functions and small events, the medical is handled by Security Control where both the Security Manager and the Security Supervisor are certified Occupational First Aid trained.
- The venue is covered in most public areas by CCTV on full record and the exterior is protected by passive infra‐red alarms.
- There are four large sets of male & female toilets along with a wheel chair accessed toilet, on each public level.
- The venue is mobility impaired friendly, with direct wheel chair access through both entry Foyers.
- There is public and private bus and coach parking outside the venue on Olympic Boulevarde as well as overflow coach parking on Old Hill Rd in Pod ‘C’ through arrangements either with the venue or directly with Sydney Olympic Park Authority. [SOPA]
- Medical Centres are close by at Newington Village, Auburn and Concord West. The nearest Public Hospital is Concord Hospital on Hospital Road, Concord. West mead Children’s Hospital is only a short journey away via the M4.
- In the unlikely case of an Ambulance being required, the venue Security Control works with the Olympic Precinct in a strict protocol for arranging, meeting and escorting the ambulance to the required location.
- Flemington Local Area Command is the local Police Station, in Queen St Auburn. Switch number: 9646 8699.
- All Risk Management, security and safety for the venue is handled by the Security Manager – 8765 4461.
Security Manager RM